In an Android App I'm developping, I need to get info on a table depending on 2 rows (so with pairs) but can't really find a way to do it. How could I achieve that with SQL ?
/!\ The following is a simplified example as the real situation would be more confusing than it would help. /!\
So for exemple, if I have this table:

How could I get this result (the rows for the best scores for each category) :

I used to do it like this:
SELECT name, category, MAX(score)
FROM SCORE_TABLE
GROUP BY category
When I checked for answers I saw solutions using sub-queries like so:
SELECT *
FROM SCORE_TABLE
WHERE score == (
SELECT MAX(score)
FROM SCORE_TABLE
)
But this would only work with one category, so I'm thinking maybe I could use some variation of this using a table with all the category-max_score pairs, like this:
MAX_SCORE_TABLE:

But I really don't see how, so if you have any ideas, I'd love some help ^^
