Setting up CAN FD communication between laptop(python script) and controller via PCAN

Viewed 152

I'm trying to set up a CAN FD communication between my laptop and a controller via PCAN-USB Prof FD. On my laptop I'm running a python script that's using the python-can library to set up the communication. The controller is an RH850.

I assume that the communication works fine on the controller side since it works with both CANoe and PCAN View.

Now onto the problem. I have set up the script to use the pcan interface and used all the necessary arguments to set the nominal and data bit rate (took them from PCAN View) so it looks something like this:

bus = pcan.PcanBus('PCAN_USBBUS1', fd=True, other_can_fd_params = values_from_PCAN_view)

Using the diagnostic services seems to work fine, but receving normal CAN frames throws back an error:

PcanCanOperationError: A received message is invalid

Any tips, suggestions or improvements are greatly appreciated!

0 Answers
Related