I am using Apollo for graphQL queries in a NextJS project I have the following request. I feel like the solution to this is simple, but the error occurs at the stateData.allProducts section it is saying it is null, but I have set the state in the useEffect and it has data as a dependency in the array, so shouldn't it re-render once data has loaded.
This is all works just fine if I placed these checks below a if statement checking the loading and return ...loading but then I can't use useEffect.
Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
const { data, loading, error } = useQuery(QUERY);
const Router = useRouter();
// Creating state and setting it from query
const [stateData, setStateData] = useState(null);
const [disableAddToCart, setDisableAddToCart] = useState(false);
useEffect(() => {
setStateData(data);
}, [data]);
//~~~~~~~// <--- RIGHT HERE IS WHERE I GET THE NULL ERROR
const productFound = stateData.allProduct.find(
(product: any) => product.slug.current === Router.query.product
);
const currentItem = cartDetails[productFound.id];
useEffect((): void => {
console.log("currentItem", currentItem);
if (currentItem) {
if (currentItem.quantity > 0) {
setDisableAddToCart(true);
} else {
setDisableAddToCart(false);
}
}
}, [currentItem]);