Unity HoloLens 2 deployed App stuck loading

Viewed 885

I am trying to deploy an app from Unity 2020.3.32f1 to the Hololens 2 with Visual Studio 2022 over USB. Everytime I try to deploy the app, it builds and deploys through visual studio correctly before it begins to load in the Hololens, it then gets stuck on 4 spinning spheres and remains here until I open the start menu and click home.

I have tried building an app following the process defined here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/beginner-hololens-2-tutorials/ and still end up stuck trying to load the app with 4 endlessly spinning white spheres.

I am using MRTK 2.7.3 & Mixed Reality OpenXR Plugin 1.3.1 installed from the Mixed Reality Feature Tool Unity 2022.3.32f1 Visual Studio 2022

The previous project I was working with using MRTK 2.5.1, Unity 2019.4.28f1, visual studio 2022 and no OpenXR, with all the same settings works perfectly.

Below are the Build and Player Settings I am using

Build Settings

XR Plugin Management Settings

OpenXR Settings

3 Answers

I have this exact same issue. Same version of unity & using Visual Studio 2022. Everything was working with Unity 2020.3.20f1 => Upgrade to 2020.3.32f1 and the problem (infinite loading spheres) occurs.

Reverting back to version 2020.3.20f1 & clearing the build folder has fixed the issue for me.

Apologies for not giving any understanding as to why this may be occurring, I can only inform you that reverting to a previous unity build will more than likely fix the problem (As you are probably aware).

Related