I'm trying to develop a command line package so I followed these steps:
dart create --template=package-simple package_name
then activating the package globally with:
dart pub global activate --source path $(pwd)
note that I didn't find anything in the documentation about --source path actual_path but whenever I use the command only with --source actual_path I get the following:
"/Users/user/Desktop/Workspace/package_name" is not an allowed value for option "source".
So after successfully activating the package I tried to run it using:
package_name
But I got this:
zsh: command not found: package_name
Found out that the documentation here is outdated and after searching the local directory I found the actual directory is global_packages not bin, and so I've changed it.
Now when I try package_name I get:
zsh: permission denied: package_name
After investigation I found that package_name is a directory in the global_packages directory and it only contains pubspec.lock so I've tried chmod a+x on the file and the directory with no avail.
Further investigation the global_packages contained another package intl_utils inside I found:
.packages incremental
.dart_tool bin pubspec.lock
But running intl_utils on the terminal too get's me the same error:
zsh: permission denied: intl_utils
I didn't install the package manually but the VS Code extension Flutter Intl did and it seems to work perfectly fine.
Now I have two questions:
- permission denied on what exactly since the Flutter Intl extension works perfectly???
- I have a file in my package
bin/my_package.dartbut it didn't go there, am I doing something wrong?
I'm running dart through flutter: Flutter (Channel master, 2.13.0-0.0.pre.90, on macOS 12.3 21E230 darwin-x64, locale en-US)
dart --version
Dart SDK version: 2.17.0-202.0.dev (dev) (Thu Mar 10 20:55:41 2022 -0800) on "macos_x64"
Edit #1
Tried dart pub global run package_name and it worked but it seems like it's building the package again, but still I need to use it without the long line the correct way.
Edit #2
To create the app I've tried
dart create -t console-full package_name but still with the same results.