I cannot run any project because of gyp error. How can I fix this: npm ERR! gyp verb cli

Viewed 9952

Whenever I run my code I always get the same error. I uninstall node and npm and reinstall. But now there is no "node_modules" and I get the same error. How can I fix it?

npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/node-sass
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c node scripts/build.js
npm ERR! Building: /usr/local/bin/node /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js rebuild --verbose --libsass_ext= --libsass_cflags= --libsass_ldflags= --libsass_library=
npm ERR! gyp info it worked if it ends with ok
npm ERR! gyp verb cli [
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '/usr/local/bin/node',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   'rebuild',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '--verbose',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '--libsass_ext=',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '--libsass_cflags=',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '--libsass_ldflags=',
npm ERR! gyp verb cli   '--libsass_library='
npm ERR! gyp verb cli ]
npm ERR! gyp info using node-gyp@3.8.0
npm ERR! gyp info using node@16.14.2 | darwin | x64
npm ERR! gyp verb command rebuild []
npm ERR! gyp verb command clean []
npm ERR! gyp verb clean removing "build" directory
npm ERR! gyp verb command configure []
npm ERR! gyp verb check python checking for Python executable "python2" in the PATH
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed Error: not found: python2
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at getNotFoundError (/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:13:12)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at F (/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:68:19)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at E (/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:80:29)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:89:16
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/isexe/index.js:42:5
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/isexe/mode.js:8:5
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (node:fs:198:21)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed  python2 Error: not found: python2
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at getNotFoundError (/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:13:12)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at F (/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:68:19)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at E (/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:80:29)
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/which/which.js:89:16
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/isexe/index.js:42:5
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/isexe/mode.js:8:5
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed     at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (node:fs:198:21) {
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed   code: 'ENOENT'
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` failed }
npm ERR! gyp verb check python checking for Python executable "python" in the PATH
npm ERR! gyp verb `which` succeeded python /Users/bng/opt/anaconda3/bin/python
npm ERR! gyp ERR! configure error 
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack Error: Command failed: /Users/bng/opt/anaconda3/bin/python -c import sys; print "%s.%s.%s" % sys.version_info[:3];
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack   File "<string>", line 1
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     import sys; print "%s.%s.%s" % sys.version_info[:3];
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack                       ^
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack SyntaxError: invalid syntax
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack 
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:399:12)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:526:28)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1092:16)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:302:5)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! System Darwin 21.4.0
npm ERR! gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" "--verbose" "--libsass_ext=" "--libsass_cflags=" "--libsass_ldflags=" "--libsass_library="
npm ERR! gyp ERR! cwd /Users/bng/Desktop/deneme/12-vue-spa/node_modules/node-sass
npm ERR! gyp ERR! node -v v16.14.2
npm ERR! gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
npm ERR! gyp ERR! not ok 
npm ERR! Build failed with error code: 1

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/bng/.npm/_logs/2022-03-24T08_05_44_961Z-debug-0.log

There isn't node-sass and node-gyp. When I tried to install them I also got the same error. I cannot install anything.

4 Answers

I solved this problem by changing the node version to 14.15.1

Please don't waste your time running the suggested command by others. Please uninstall node.js and use the Node v14.x. It will solve it automatically.

I got the same error and did this:

 1. npm install node-sass
 2. npm install  
 3. npm ci
 4. ng serve --open (to launch the project ).
Related