I'm using tensorboard in google colab, it's works fine if i want to track the epochs. However, i want to track the accuracy/loss by batch. I'm trying it using the getting started at documentation https://www.tensorflow.org/tensorboard/get_started but if i change the argument update_freq by update_freq="batch" it doesn't work. I have tried in my local pc and it works. Any idea of what is happening?
Using tensorboard 2.8.0 and tensorflow 2.8.0
Code (running in colab)
%load_ext tensorboard
import tensorflow as tf
import datetime
!rm -rf ./logs/
mnist = tf.keras.datasets.mnist
(x_train, y_train),(x_test, y_test) = mnist.load_data()
x_train, x_test = x_train / 255.0, x_test / 255.0
def create_model():
return tf.keras.models.Sequential([
tf.keras.layers.Flatten(input_shape=(28, 28)),
tf.keras.layers.Dense(512, activation='relu'),
tf.keras.layers.Dropout(0.2),
tf.keras.layers.Dense(10, activation='softmax')
])
model = create_model()
model.compile(optimizer='adam',
loss='sparse_categorical_crossentropy',
metrics=['accuracy'])
log_dir = "logs/fit_2/" + datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%Y%m%d-%H%M%S")
tensorboard_callback = tf.keras.callbacks.TensorBoard(log_dir=log_dir, update_freq="batch")
model.fit(x=x_train,
y=y_train,
epochs=5,
validation_data=(x_test, y_test),
callbacks=[tensorboard_callback])
I've tried to use a integer and it doesn't work either. In my local computer i've no problems.