I have a graphql server I've created using ApolloServer and Type-Graphql.
I have two types defined on my graphql server:
User{
id:string;
name:string
email:string;
...
}
UserPrefrences{
userId:string;
theme: string;
color:string;
...
}
The data for the User type is saved in a database which I access through a different graphql server by forwarding the request I get from client.
The data for the UserPrefrences type is saved on a different database which I access directly from my graphql server.
I don't want my client side to need to know these two separate types and to need to run two separate queries. I'm looking for a way to let my client run the following query on my graphql server:
query UserData($userId: String!) {
id
name
email
theme
color
}
But if I forward this request to the graphql server that I'm querying, I will get a response saying the fields 'theme' and 'color' are unknown to him.
I'm trying to find a way to forward only the relevant fields to the graphql server, and then resolving the rest within my graphql server. But I receive the query as a string which makes it a pain trying to use regex to only forward the fields I'm interested in.
I'd be more than happy for any ideas on how to solve this issue.