Github Page not updating without clearing my browser data

Viewed 585

So I've just got up and running with Github Pages and for some reason every time I update the website it doesn't update without me having to clear my browsing data which is a real pain. I have no clue what is going on as I am new to this and I am learing HTML and CSS so if somebody could help that'd be amazing!

Github Page: https://bentheminernz.github.io/codingwebsite/ Github Repo: https://github.com/Bentheminernz/codingwebsite

2 Answers

You may be facing the question of browser cache.

Try cleaning the cache by following the step from the docs of Google Chrome, or of Mozilla Firefox, or what other browser of you.

You may find a shortcut for forcing refresh cache like Ctrl + F5 helpful, too.

When I merged branches it created a Jekyll file, then my website wouldn't update. I deleted this Jekyll file and voila, the website updated instantly. I only used HTML and CSS in an Index file.

Related