Is it possible for me to only display the related data on my second dropdown option when I click it on my first dropdown? I saw a similar question on stackoverflow, but I can't get it to work. The link is available here. It works when I copy and paste the code from the solution into my system. However, when I tried it on my code, it did not work.
Here's the flow:
If DEPARTMENT is equals to Grade School then Grade & Section, dropdown will only show the Kindergarten to Grade 6 and then if DEPARTMENT is equals to Junior High School, dropdown will only shows Grade 7 to Grade 10 while if DEPARTMENT is equals to Senior High School, dropdown will only shows Grade 11 to Grade 12.
Here's the code that I'm using..
<div class="col-12">
<div class="form-group has-icon-left">
<label for="first-name-icon">Department</label>
<div class="position-relative">
<div class="input-group mb-3" id="dept">
<label class="input-group-text" for="inputGroupSelect01">Options</label>
<select class="form-select category" id="dept" name="dept" required>
<option value="" disabled selected>Choose...</option>
<option value="GS">Grade School</option>
<option value="JHS">Junior High School</option>
<option value="SHS">Senior High School</option>
</select>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="col-12">
<div class="form-group has-icon-left">
<label for="first-name-icon">Grade & Section (for students only)</label>
<div class="position-relative">
<div class="input-group mb-3">
<label class="input-group-text" for="inputGroupSelect01">Options</label>
<select class="form-select operator" id="u_grdsec" name="u_grdsec">
<option value="" disabled selected>Choose...</option>
<option value="Grade 1" class="GS">Grade 1</option>
<option value="Grade 2" class="GS">Grade 2</option>
<option value="Grade 7" class="JHS">Grade 7</option>
<option value="Grade 8" class="JHS">Grade 8</option>
<option value="Grade 11" class="SHS">Grade 11</option>
<option value="Grade 12" class="SHS">Grade 12</option>
</select>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<script>
$(document).ready(function () {
$(document).on('change', '.category', function () {
var val = $(this).val().toLowerCase();
$('.operator option').hide();
$('.operator option.'+val).show();
$('.operator option.'+val+':first').attr('selected','selected').change();
});
});
</script>
Here's the screenshot of my database.

