I have a button I want to interact with on a page, but the button is apart of a parent element that houses all other buttons and elements on the page.
Every time playwright attempts to interact with this button I get a
<app-content-view _nghost-vtf-c377="" class="ng-tns-c377-5 ng-star…>…</app-content-view> intercepts pointer events
which is the parent at the very top of the html tree.
And Im confused why this is happening all of a sudden? The test was working fine before, and after using the repeat-each flag a number of times while I was debugging it started having this issue.
Just to add the element app-content-view is not supposed to disappear and it contains other elements on the page which playwright can interact with just fine because all other tests are passing.
Some additional information:
A few other people in my org have cloned the repo and when they run the test it works for them with no issue.
I guess my question is how is this happening all of a sudden there have been no code changes on the front end to cause this, and it works fine for others, and how do I fix it/prevent this from happening.
The code being ran is here:
async openManager() {
await this.managerButton.click();
await expect(this.managerDrawer).toBeVisible();
}
this function is called here:
await managerActions.openManager();
the locator is right here:
this.managerButton = page.locator('//mat-icon[contains(text(),"manager")]');