Hierarchical Factor Analysis in R using FactoMineR

Viewed 87

I'm new to R - moved from SAS and I'm just not sure on the syntax.

I'm working on a dataset with one hundred patients examined at 4 different time points using eighty variables at each time point.

I've been using FactoMineR as hypothesis generation and done a PCA and MFA on the first examination, but I want to include all the data in my analysis.

I see two options:

  1. MFA: See: https://groups.google.com/g/factominer-users/c/6T3QD-aRtmY This functions plot module includes a chrono option. When TRUE it will connect the partial points of the same variables. My current data is in seperate dataframes as: Visit 1: |row | var 1 | Var 2 | Var 3| |:---|:--------:|:------:|-----:| |1 | a | aa | aaa | |2 | b | bb | bbb | |3 | c | cc | ccc |

Visit 2:

In order to do this my data should be: | .. | .. | Visit 1| .. | .. |Visit2 | | |:-------|:-----:|:------:|:-------:|:---------------:|-------:| |rownames| Var1 | Var2 | Var 3 | Var1 | Var2 | Var3 |
1 | a | b | c | aa | bb | cc |

I've trouble displaing the table the correct way. Please see the link also.

How do i set this up so that the MFA recognizes the repeated variables as nested within each visit? My current code is:

res.mfa <- MFA (tt.a, 
                group = c(1, 1, 9, 4, 4, 6, 10, 3, 3, 5, 10), 
                type = c("s", "n", "s", "s", "s", "s", "s", "s", "n", "n", "s"), 
                name.group = c("age", "xxx", "......"),
                num.group.sup = c(1,2), 
                ncp = nbdimFAMD$ncp,
                graph = F) 
  1. HMFA This could be used as defining each visit as a top level in a hierachy. But comming from SAS I simply just don't get the code in the vignettes example:
data(wine)
hierar <- list(c(2,5,3,10,9,2), c(4,2))
res.hmfa <- HMFA(wine, H = hierar, type=c("n",rep("s",5)))

I've run it in my console and it works perfectly. The interpretation however is difficult. But specifically - I dont understand what the list functions does and hence I can't create a hierachy on my own dataset. Do I create a list from each visit and then combine them in one dataframe?

It may be simple but new to the syntax and I'm still learning.

I hope you can help!

Kind regards

0 Answers
Related