We have a CircleCI Pipeline. We have a older version of eslint i.e. 5.10.0 which was around three years ago installed and now client wants to upgrade node version to 16 and upgrade related packages.
I have modified package.json file and changes eslint version from "eslint": "^5.10.0" to "eslint": "^7.10.0".
Now, while pushing changes on branch CircleCI test execution fails with the below error.:
Oops! Something went wrong! :(
ESLint: 7.32.0
ESLint couldn't find the config "standard" to extend from. Please check that the name of the config is correct.
The config "standard" was referenced from the config file in "/home/xxx/xxx/.eslintrc.yml".
I have googled for this issue but did not find the proper solution for this.
I have tried to
- Removed .eslintrc.yml file by guessing that it can be created automatically.
- Try to run the command yarn run
eslint --initinside package.json under script tag"scripts": {"test": "yarn run eslint --init && yarn lint && yarn flow && yarn jest",}But here, CircleCI pipeline is used so eslint --init command will ask question How would you like to use ESLint? We don't have any provision in CircleCI during automated file and test execution to provide any answer.