Apache NiFi: Remove Username and Password login by default on UI

Viewed 484

I'm currently working on setting up NiFi, I've noticed as a part of the Version 1.14.0 release, by default we have security features enabled which requires a username and password to access the UI. For my specific Use Case, I don't want this. Where and how would I have this disabled on start up so it's behaves similar to older versions of NiFi?

Thank you!

2 Answers

As of 1.14.0, NiFi is now secure by default. Disabling this is not advised.

The initial user/pass is auto-generated and printed in nifi-app.log when you first start NiFi.

If you want to disable it, you'll need to reconfigure NiFi to take out the single user auth. Take a look in login-identity-providers.xml and nifi.properies.

Here and here are good sources of information.

In windows also, run the command nifi.sh single user credentials and DONT forget to restart to get credentials be effected – it wont ask for login.. by default!

Related