Ghidra headless analyzer

Viewed 409

I am trying to decompile nodejs bytecode using ghidra, and there is this specific plugin which decompiles the the nodejs bytecode. How can I install that plugin using ghidra headless method?

And another question I have is, after analysing the nodejs bytecode it generated a .rep folder, which I am not sure what to do about now, as I thought it will be giving me the source code after analysis.

Thanks in advance :)

1 Answers

Installing a plugin in Ghidra via GUI is just an unzip with extra checks. Headless install is described in the doc at https://ghidra-sre.org/InstallationGuide.html#GhidraExtensionNotes

To install an extension in these cases, simply extract the desired Ghidra extension archive file(s) to the /Ghidra/Extensions directory. For example, on Linux or macOS:

  1. Set current directory to the Ghidra installed-extensions directory: cd <GhidraInstallDir>/Ghidra/Extensions
  2. Extract desired extension archive file(s) to the current directory: unzip /path/to/<extension>.zip
  3. The extension(s) will be installed the next time Ghidra is started.

How to dump the source code will depend on the plugin you are using, without a link it's hard to tell. I guess it just allows disassembling NodeJS bytecode, so you have to use the regular Ghidra APIs or scripts to dump disassembly?

Related