I have an excel sheet that makes a custom toolbar. Within this toolbar, I have several buttons that use faceIDs, which are no problem. I have a few buttons where I wanted to use custom icons. When I use the custom icons, sometimes the PasteFace works, sometimes it does not, and I get an error. I added an On Error Resume next statement, to see what was happening. Sometimes both buttons paste ok, sometimes just one button, sometimes neither button. I can find no pattern to it working or not working.
My toolbar consists of approximately 24 buttons, and one drop down box. Eleven of the buttons use a custom icon, the remainder use a FaceID. Some buttons are toggled to display or not display based on user needs. The example below shows 2 buttons that will toggle to turn a meal penalty on or off. I only picked these 2 buttons because these are first buttons to use a custom icon.
Sub Make_PayBar()
Dim PayBar As CommandBar
Dim NewButton As CommandBarButton
'Delete existing PayBar toolbar if it exists
Call Kill_PayBar
ThisWorkbook.Activate
On Error Resume Next
'Create New PayBar
Set PayBar = Application.CommandBars.Add(Name:="Payroll Bar", Temporary:=True)
PayBar.Visible = True
PayBar.Position = msoBarTop
... Missing Code, More buttons ...
'Meal Penalty Off Button
Set NewButton = PayBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, Parameter:="Meal_Off")
NewButton.Caption = "Meal Penalty Off"
NewButton.OnAction = "ToggleMeal"
'NewButton.FaceId = 1254 'Backup if pasteface fails
Sheets("Pics").Shapes("Meal_Off").Copy
NewButton.PasteFace
'Meal Penalty On Button
Set NewButton = PayBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, Parameter:="Meal_On")
NewButton.Caption = "Meal Penalty On"
NewButton.OnAction = "ToggleMeal"
'NewButton.FaceId = 1253 'Backup if pasteface fails
Sheets("Pics").Shapes("Meal_On").Copy
NewButton.PasteFace
NewButton.Visible = False
... Missing Code, More buttons ...
End sub
If the Resume Next is not used, the error may occurs on either of the two pasteface statements.
Is there something in my code making PastFace unreliable?
If PasteFace is inherently unreliable, is there a way to check for a successful paste, and repeat if it wasn't?
Is there a better way to do this?
