On a project I'm working on, xdebug takes approximately 1 hour to generate coverage. I've experimented with phpdbg, but I encounter the following error in my test suite:
stream_select(): You MUST recompile PHP with a larger value of FD_SETSIZE.
It is set to 1024, but you have descriptors numbered at least as high as 7228.
--enable-fd-setsize=8192 is recommended, but you may want to set it
to equal the maximum number of open files supported by your system,
in order to avoid seeing this error again at a later date.
I'm using php:7.0.33-fpm (yes, I know, we're working on upgrading PHP versions :))
Using ulimit in the command line or relying on docker-compose to set it, the output still thinks it's set to 1024. Actually, the current output of ulimit -n within my container is actually over 1 million if I don't try to set it via another mechanism.
Is there any mechanism where this can be set via runtime without having to compile our own php container from scratch?