This code does not work for me
I would like to know a way to render html using python without tkinterhtml
When loading google.com, I get the error:
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\python scripts\project\file.py", line 10, in search
html = htmlBytes.decode("utf8")
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe7 in position 10955: invalid continuation byte
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1921, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "c:\python scripts\project\file.py", line 12, in search
html = htmlBytes.decode("utf16")
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-16-le' codec can't decode byte 0x3e in position 14624: truncated data
I am working on this for a project and am launching the code using the import keyword. My code doesn't work and closes the window after the search funtion finishes.
import urllib.request
import tkinter
from tkinterhtml import HtmlFrame
def search():
url = urlInput.get()
page = urllib.request.urlopen(url)
htmlBytes = page.read()
try:
html = htmlBytes.decode("utf8")
except:
html = htmlBytes.decode("utf16")
frame.set_content(html)
page.close()
screen = tkinter.Tk()
screen.geometry("700x700")
frame = HtmlFrame(screen, horizontal_scrollbar="auto")
urlInput = tkinter.Entry(screen)
urlInput.grid(column=0,row=0,columnspan=10,rowspan=4,sticky="news")
searchBtn = tkinter.Button(screen,text="search",command=search)
searchBtn.grid(row=0,column=11,sticky="news")
screen.mainloop()