My problem is the following:
I need to run a docker container for every user in a platform, all these containers use the same docker image, but you can pass some environment variables like user_id,queue_id,etc in order for them to know which user they belong to
I know that I can create tasks and pass environment variables to them, but for me seems not OK to have thousand of identical tasks using the same docker image but different variables...suppose I want to update the docker image or make some change... in this way I would have to iterate and change every single task
My idea was create a single task and then, run different services using this task and passing different environment variables, so I would have some "username_x_service_task1" for the username_x running the task1
but this doesn't seems possible, at least not using boto3, the only thing I can define in the service are tags
my questions is:
- this approach is correct?...or must I create different tasks for different users although the image is the same?
- would be possible, inside my running service, to access to its custom tags, so I'd use the tasks to pass user_id queue_id and other required information?
- is there any better way to do this :sweat_smile: ?
thank you guys.