I am calling Scala 3's compiler as a library, which gives you CompilationUnit per source after compilation. This has tpdTree, which by the sound of it should contain type information.
I'm trying to walk the tree to get any type symbol as:
atPhase(Phases.typerPhase.next) {
// traverse unit.tpdTree...
}
Where tree walking looks like:
class ValExtractor(tpes: Set[String]) extends tpd.TreeTraverser:
def isAcceptableType(tpe: Types.Type)(using ctx: Context): Boolean =
tpe.baseClasses.exists { sym =>
tpes.contains(sym.fullName.toString)
}
override def traverse(tree: tpd.Tree)(using ctx: Context): Unit =
tree match
case tpd.ValDef(name, tpt, _) if isAcceptableType(tpt.tpe) =>
println("do something")
case t: tpd.Template => this((), t.body)
case t: tpd.PackageDef => this((), t.stats)
case t: tpd.TypeDef => this((), t.rhs)
case _ => ()
end ValExtractor
I get
[info] assertion failed: denotation class Int invalid in run 1. ValidFor: Period(1..55, run = 2)
[info] scala.runtime.Scala3RunTime$.assertFailed(Scala3RunTime.scala:8)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.updateValidity(Denotations.scala:719)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.bringForward(Denotations.scala:744)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.toNewRun$1(Denotations.scala:803)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.current(Denotations.scala:877)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Symbols$Symbol.recomputeDenot(Symbols.scala:122)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Symbols$Symbol.computeDenot(Symbols.scala:116)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Symbols$Symbol.denot(Symbols.scala:109)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Symbols$.toDenot(Symbols.scala:502)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.updateValidity(Denotations.scala:718)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.bringForward(Denotations.scala:744)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.toNewRun$1(Denotations.scala:803)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Denotations$SingleDenotation.current(Denotations.scala:877)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Types$NamedType.computeDenot(Types.scala:2253)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Types$NamedType.denot(Types.scala:2213)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Types$NamedType.info(Types.scala:2201)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Types$TypeRef.underlying(Types.scala:2693)
[info] dotty.tools.dotc.core.Types$Type.baseClasses(Types.scala:600)
What am I doing wrong?
Resolution
In my case I had (using ctx: Context) in my method, but apparently that did not match the run context. Passing it explicitly as follows fixed it:
atPhase(Phases.typerPhase.next) {
(new ValExtractor(valTypes.toSet)).getVals(unit.tpdTree)
}(using run.runContext)