I have JSON code that I'm pulling with key names that are the same and I'm trying to pull the values from the keys one at a time and pass them to variables (in a loop) in a perl script but it pulls all of the values at one time instead of iterating through them. I'd like to pull a value from a key and pass it to a variable then iterate through the loop again for the next value. The amount of data changes in JSON so the amount of identical keys will grow.
Perl Script Snippet
#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
use JSON::XS;
my $res = "test.json";
my $txt = do {
local $/;
open my $fh, "<", $res or die $!;
<$fh>;
};
my $json = decode_json($txt);
for my $mdata (@{ $json->{results} }) {
my $sitedomain = "$mdata->{custom_fields}->{Domain}";
my $routerip = "$mdata->{custom_fields}->{RouterIP}";
#vars
my $domain = $sitedomain;
my $host = $routerip;
print $domain;
print $host;
}
Print $host variable
print $host;
192.168.201.1192.168.202.1192.168.203.1
Print $domain variable
print $domain;
site1.global.localsite2.global.localsite3.global.local
JSON (test.json)
{
"results": [
{
"id": 37,
"url": "http://global.local/api/dcim/sites/37/",
"display": "Site 1",
"name": "Site 1",
"slug": "site1",
"custom_fields": {
"Domain": "site1.global.local",
"RouterIP": "192.168.201.1"
}
},
{
"id": 38,
"url": "http://global.local/api/dcim/sites/38/",
"display": "Site 2",
"name": "Site 2",
"slug": "site2",
"custom_fields": {
"Domain": "site2.global.local",
"RouterIP": "192.168.202.1"
}
},
{
"id": 39,
"url": "http://global.local/api/dcim/sites/39/",
"display": "Site 3",
"name": "Site 3",
"slug": "site3",
"custom_fields": {
"Domain": "site3.global.local",
"RouterIP": "192.168.203.1"
}
}
]
}