What feature automatically adds "async" to a method signature in VS2022

Viewed 69

Visual Studio 2022 appears to have a feature which automatically adds the async keyword to the current method signature if you type the await keyword.

For example, if I have a partially-written method

public class C
{
  public void M()
  {
    await//I'm still typing
  }
}

Then after pressing the spacebar after the "t" in "await", the method automatically becomes async void:

public class C
{
  public async void M()
  {
    await // I'm still typing, but I just completed the await keyword
  }
}

In the editor's undo list, the automatic addition of the async keyword is listed as an undo step called "Completion". I have IntelliCode activated.

I dislike this feature because I don't wish to add async void methods to my codebase without careful consideration. What Visual Studio feature is causing this behaviour, and how can I turn it off?


My visual studio version is

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022 (64-bit) - Current
Version 17.1.1

0 Answers
Related