Field 'browser' doesn't contain a valid alias configuration /my-react-app/src/components/FirstExample/FirstExample doesn't exist

Viewed 625

I'm trying to import my FirstExample component to app.js but I'm receiving an error message saying the module is not found.

my App.js

import FirstExample from "./components/FirstExample";

function App() {
  return (
    <div className="App">
      <FirstExample />
    </div>
  );
}

export default App;

the file I want to render is in the components folder:

import React from 'react'
import './FirstExample';

const FirstExample = () => {
  return (
    <div>FirstExample</div>
  )
}

export default FirstExample

File structure looks like:

src
  components (folder)
    FirstExample
      FirstExample.css
      index.js <-- this is the file I want to render
  App.js
  index.css
  index.js

I checked my import statement and it looks correct. Why is it saying the module is not found??

1 Answers

This is correct behaviour.

You are trying to import FirstExample inside FirstExample component. That makes absolutely no sense and I think is a typo from your side.

What you are propably wanting to do is to import FirstExample.scss

import './FirstExample.scss';
Related