I am a super early user of coding from Italy. I came up with an idea to promote a company logo on their website and I almost reached the goal so I am sharing this problem.
The idea is to obtain a sort of clipping mask effect when the mouse/cursor move on the image I've made so far a code that does the work with a still ellipse.
When I set the position parameters of the ellipse as mouseX and mouseY the effect does not work if not just a bit of a glitch at the start. How can I make it work as intended?
Here you can find the link of what I have now: https://editor.p5js.org/francesco.ficini.designer/full/FLBuhggW-
Here the code:
let img;
let imgbg2;
let maskImage;
function preload() {
img = loadImage("NeroP.jpg");
imgbg2 = loadImage("RossoP.jpg");
}
function setup() {
createCanvas(400, 225);
img.mask(img);
}
function draw() {
background(imgbg2, 0, 0);
//Immages
image(imgbg2, 0, 0);
image(img,0,0);
// Ellipse Mask
maskImage = createGraphics(400, 225);
maskImage.ellipse(200, 100, 50, 50);
imgbg2.mask(maskImage);
image(imgbg2, 0, 0);
}