Let's say I have a black and white image of a "J", represented as a binary matrix, like this (white = 0, black = 1). If we let each cell in the matrix be a pixel, its size would be 6 x 10.
0 0 0 0 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 0
1 0 0 0 1 0
0 1 1 1 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
What I want to do is take this image and resize it by factor 10, that is, make it 10 times its current size, to 60 x 100. ( Of course there would be some interpolation need to happen, but it doesn't need to be overly sophisticated.)
I don't really get yet how this is done in practice. Is there a transformation matrix that can handle this? I found an article that talk about using a resize matrix (in my case 2 x 2 I guess). Do I need to apply that then? To every vector (every entry) in the matrix? And how can I then handle the interpolation to scale up the black pixels?
I was wondering if someone could provide either a simple example how this works using a scaling matrix or maybe provide me with some clues what to search for. My searches haven't been successful in order to find a simple/stripped down example.