Expected expression Pylance

Viewed 3176

First off I'm new to using the jupyter notebook on vscode, so apologise for the basic question.

I'm playing around with Python's and NumPy's methods to compare their performance:

import numpy as np

massive_array = np.random.random(100000)

%timeit sum(massive_array) # Python's sum()
%timeit np.sum(massive_array) # NumPy's np.sum()

Which works fine and returns the following:

9.56 ms ± 523 µs per loop (mean ± std. dev. of 7 runs, 100 loops each)
51.9 µs ± 1.59 µs per loop (mean ± std. dev. of 7 runs, 10,000 loops each)

The only problem is that, while using the notebook on vscode, I get an error flagged by Pylance regarding the percentage symbol for %timeit:

enter image description here

What's the reason for it to be flagged? Shouldn't that be a valid expression, given that it also executed successfully?

Any input is highly appreciated, thank you so much in advance!

0 Answers
Related