Install build tools on arm64 doesn't work

Viewed 873

I've been trying to install sdkmanager "build-tools;30.0.2" on an arm64 processor (ampere CPU).

But every time I get this:

Warning: Dependant package with key emulator not found!                         
Warning: Unable to compute a complete list of dependencies.

I'm trying to build an app and I get this error:

Failed to install the following SDK components:
      build-tools;30.0.2 Android SDK Build-Tools 30.0.2

Edit: I think the problem is the package emulator isn't available. I tried downloading it from here but sdkmanager didn't recognize it.

3 Answers

(Assumption: CMD Line Tools are installed)

SDK manager package "emulator" is missing on ARM

Workaround:

  1. Download emulator from Google for Linux: https://developer.android.com/studio/emulator_archive

  2. Extract it to $ANDROID_SDK_HOME/emulator

  3. You need a license file called "package.xml" which is automatically created when you download it via Android Studio UI SDK Manager, you copy that file to $ANDROID_SDK_HOME/emulator and change all version numbers related to the version you have downloaded:

    ... <revision><major>31</major><minor>1</minor><micro>4</micro></revision>...
    

Anybody help to cross compile emulator for arm64 ? https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/emulator

Emulator for ARM64 hosts Linux emulator source code now supports cross compilation from x86_64 to arm64 hosts, enabling running arm64 system images with KVM virtualization. Currently, only -gpu swiftshader_indirect (Swiftshader arm64 host rendering) is supported, but a compatible set of host GPU libEGL/libGLESv2 libraries may also be used by replacing lib64/gles_swiftshader with them and then relaunching with -gpu swiftshader_indirect. Snapshots may also not be working (add -no-snapshot to the command line).

Instructions:

cd emu
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b emu-master-dev --depth=1
repo sync -qcj 12
cd external/qemu
pip install absl-py
pip install urlfetch
sudo apt-get install crossbuild-essential-arm64
python android/build/python/cmake.py --noqtwebengine --noshowprefixforinfo --target linux_aarch64

Anybody try this one ? I got error and unable install one toolm

Related