Omnet++ with Reinforcement Learning Tools [ML]

Viewed 309

I am currently failing into find an easy and modular framework to link openAI gym or tensorflow or keras with omnet++ in such a way I can produce communication between each tool and have online learning.

There are tools like omnetpy and veins-gym, however one is very strict and not trustworthy (and no certainty into bridge with openAI, for example) and the other is really poor documented in such a way one person can’t taper how it is supposed to be incorporated into a project.

Being omnet so big project, how is it possible that it is so disconnected to ML world like this?

On top of that, I still will need to use federated learning, so a custom scrappy solution would be even more difficult.

I found various articles that say “we have used omnet++ and keras or tensorflow”, etc, but none of them shared their code, so it is kinda misterious how they did it.

Alternatively, I could use NS3, but as far as I know, it is very steeped to learn it. Some ML tools are well documented, apparently, for NS3. But since I didn’t tried to implement something in NS3 with those tools, I can’t know for sure. Omnet++ was easy to learn for what I need, changing to NS3 still seems a burden with no clear guarantees.

I would like to ask help in both senses:

  1. if u have links regarding good middleware between omnetpp and openai-gym or keras or such, and you have used them, please share with me.
  2. if u have experience with NS3 and ML using ML middleware to link NS3 with openai-gym and keras and so on, please share with me.

I will only be able to finish my POC if I manage to use Reinforcement Learning tooling online a omnet++ simulation (i.e., agent is deciding on simulation runtime which actions to take).

My project is actually complex, but the POC may be simple. I am relying in these tools because I have no sufficient experience to build a complex system translating a domain to another. So a help will be nice.

Thank You.

0 Answers
Related