I would like to @numba.njit this simple function that returns an array with a shape, in particular a rank, that depends on the input i:
E.g. for i = 4 the shape should be shape=(2, 2, 2, 2, 4)
import numpy as np
from numba import njit
@njit
def make_array_numba(i):
shape = np.array([2] * i + [i], dtype=np.int64)
return np.empty(shape, dtype=np.int64)
make_array_numba(4).shape
I tried many different ways, but always fail at the fact that I can't generate the shape tuple that numba wants to see in np.empty / np.reshape / np.zeros /...
In normal numpy one can pass lists / np.arrays as the shape, or I can generate a tuple on the fly such as (2,) * i + (i,).
Output:
>>> empty(array(int64, 1d, C), dtype=class(int64))
There are 4 candidate implementations:
- Of which 4 did not match due to:
Overload in function '_OverloadWrapper._build.<locals>.ol_generated': File: numba/core/overload_glue.py: Line 131.
With argument(s): '(array(int64, 1d, C), dtype=class(int64))':
Rejected as the implementation raised a specific error:
TypingError: Failed in nopython mode pipeline (step: nopython frontend)
No implementation of function Function(<intrinsic stub>) found for signature:
>>> stub(array(int64, 1d, C), class(int64))
There are 2 candidate implementations:
- Of which 2 did not match due to:
Intrinsic of function 'stub': File: numba/core/overload_glue.py: Line 35.
With argument(s): '(array(int64, 1d, C), class(int64))':
No match.