Error fetching access token: Error while making request: incorrect header check. Error code: Z_DATA_ERROR"

Viewed 117

I am getting this error while trying to implement firebase notifications:

Error sending message: Error: Credential implementation provided to initializeApp() via the "credential" property failed to fetch a valid Google OAuth2 access token with the following error: "Error fetching access token: Error while making request: incorrect header check. Error code: Z_DATA_ERROR".
    at FirebaseAppError.FirebaseError [as constructor] (error.js:44:1)
    at FirebaseAppError.PrefixedFirebaseError [as constructor] (error.js:90:1)
    at new FirebaseAppError (error.js:125:1)
    at firebase-app.js:87:1

I've tried every solution there is online and I'm still getting the error. I tried to synchronize the clock on my machine and it hasn't worked.

Here is my code:

var serviceAccount = require("my path to json file");

admin.initializeApp({
    credential: admin.credential.cert(serviceAccount),
    databaseURL: "database url"
});

and the function:

notifyme = () => {
    const messaging = getMessaging();
    const registrationToken = getToken(messaging, {vapidKey: 'my vapid key'})
    .then((currentToken) => {
        if (currentToken) {
          console.log('current token for client: ', currentToken);

            const message = {
                notification: {
                    title: 'App name',
                    body: 'Your room is now available'
                },
                token: currentToken,
            }

            admin.messaging().send(message)
            .then((response) => {
                console.log('Successfully sent message:', response);
            })
            .catch((error) => {
                console.log('Error sending message:', error);
            });
        } else {
          console.log('No registration token available. Request permission to generate one.');
        }
      })
      .catch((err) => {
        console.log('An error occurred while retrieving token. ', err);
      }); 
    
  }

Basically, what i'm trying to do right now is click a button that triggers the notifyme function, and send a notification but I can't get it to work.

I'm running the Ubuntu terminal on my windows pc. I have windows 10 and i'm using npm start for my web app.

0 Answers
Related