I have a Java record with one field only:
public record AggregateId(UUID id) {}
And a class with the AggregateId field (other fields removed for readability)
public class Aggregate {
public final AggregateId aggregateId;
@JsonCreator
public Aggregate(
@JsonProperty("aggregateId") AggregateId aggregateId
) {
this.aggregateId = aggregateId;
}
}
The implementation above serialize and deserialize JSON with given example:
ObjectMapper objectMapper = new ObjectMapper();
String content = """
{
"aggregateId": {
"id": "3f61aede-83dd-4049-a6ff-337887b6b807"
}
}
""";
Aggregate aggregate = objectMapper.readValue(content, Aggregate.class);
System.out.println(objectMapper.writeValueAsString(aggregate));
How could I change Jackson config to replace JSON by that:
{
"aggregateId": "3f61aede-83dd-4049-a6ff-337887b6b807"
}
without giving up a separate class for AggregateId and access through fields, without getters?
I tried @JsonUnwrapper annotation, but this caused throws
Exception in thread "X" com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidDefinitionException:
Invalid type definition for type `X`:
Cannot define Creator parameter as `@JsonUnwrapped`: combination not yet supported at [Source: (String)"{
"aggregateId": "3f61aede-83dd-4049-a6ff-337887b6b807"
}"
or
Exception in thread "X" com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidDefinitionException:
Cannot define Creator property "aggregateId" as `@JsonUnwrapped`:
combination not yet supported at [Source: (String)"{
"aggregateId": "3f61aede-83dd-4049-a6ff-337887b6b807"
}"
Jackson version: 2.13.1
dependencies {
compile "com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations:2.13.1"
compile "com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.13.1"
}
Of course, it's possible with a custom serializer/deserializer, but I'm looking for an easier solution because I have many different classes with a similar issue.