I am currently learning how to ask the user for an AppStore rating in the app. I have read through numerous documentations and reports from Apple and other bloggers, but I still have questions:
- I thought that I want to display my request after the user has completed a sequence of actions 3 times. But if the user doesn't want to rate my app right now, can I ask him to rate my app again later? I also read that Apple controls when and how often the review request is displayed (up to 3x / year)
- My app has different functions. Therefore it is not guaranteed that the user accesses exactly this function, where I want to show the rating view. Is it therefore possible to call up the rating request at different points in the app and simply leave it up to Apple whether the rating request is also displayed?
Best regards
Edit for @K bakalov :
enum AppReviewRequest {
@AppStorage("runCountSinceLastRequest") static var runCountSinceLastRequest = 0
@AppStorage("lastVersion") static var lastVersion = ""
static let threshold = 4
static let currentVersion = Bundle.main.object(forInfoDictionaryKey: "CFBundleVersion") as! String
static func countUpRequestReview() {
if currentVersion != lastVersion {
if runCountSinceLastRequest < threshold - 1 {
runCountSinceLastRequest += 1
print(runCountSinceLastRequest)
}
}
}
static func requestReviewIfNeeded() {
if currentVersion != lastVersion {
if runCountSinceLastRequest == threshold {
if let scene = UIApplication.shared.connectedScenes.first(where: { $0.activationState == .foregroundActive }) as? UIWindowScene {
SKStoreReviewController.requestReview(in: scene)
lastVersion = currentVersion
runCountSinceLastRequest = 0
}
}
}
}
}