error: unable to read askpass response from '/home/.cache/Google/AndroidStudio2021.1/tmp/intellij-git-askpass-local.sh' in ubuntu android studiio

Viewed 10624

I am trying to push my code to my bit bucket repository but from last few days after update from bit bucket, I have to use token to push code. But I don't know where to add token. Could anyone let me know the entire process for android studio. I have also gone through with This documentation .But didn't get any idea about how to use it in android studio.

8 Answers

As for me I use android studio, I came across the same issue; where I was unable to make push command to my github repo, that is after an update of my IDE version to chipmunk.

Solution that worked for me:

  1. Enable the Credential helper - In the IDE select File -> Settings -> Version Control -> Git -> Mark the check box for use Credential helper. Then apply changes.

  2. Invalidate and clear caches - In the IDE select File -> Invalidate caches.

after several hours of research I found the best soultion for this I dont know this is the right way to use it or not. But its working fine.refer this answer...Refer this

You may try with below flow, If you are using android studio in Windows :

File -> Settings -> Version Control -> Git / Check "User credential Helper"

It's working for me.

git config --global --unset credential.helper

and then git pull from terminal

git pull

then will ask your username and password

Simply update your git version :

git update-git-for-windows

I also encounter this problem, I am using mac and I solved it by

  1. cmd + space
  2. type keychain access
  3. search github
  4. delete the keychains found
  5. delete github on my android studio (android studio -> preferences -> version control -> Github)
  6. re add github on my android studio using new personal access token

Hope this help, Thanks

I just had the same error. I downloaded the project again and tried again, it gave an error. Then I updated the token in my GitHub account then I turned Android Studio on and off and it worked for me.

Interesting case of PyCharm update:

OS: Ubuntu 18.04 In my case the PyCharm got updated and the existing open project was using older version.

Solution : Just closed the existing older PyCharm and open the project in newer version

Related