XAMPP only allow specific LAN device access

Viewed 174

I'm looking to allow a specific device (in this case one particular iPad) access to XAMPP on a computer on the same LAN. I don't want any other devices besides this one and the server itself to be able to access localhost or anything else though. I'm able to find ways to enable LAN access online but to my understanding this could allow anyone on the same network to access XAMPP if they have the server's IP.

3 Answers

If you are using Apache 2.4, make sure that you LOAD the authz_core module,

DELETE:

Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Allow from my.ip.add.res
and, in place of the deleted directives,

INSERT:

Require ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
**If you are using Apache 2.2**, make sure that you LOAD the authz_host module,

DELETE:

Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Allow from my.ip.add.res
and, in place of the deleted directives,

INSERT:

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Related