As the question states, I am trying to solve a leetcode problem. The solutions are available online but, I want to implement my own solution. I have built my logic. Logic is totally fine. However, I am unable to optimize the code as the time limit is exceeding for the large numbers.
Here's my code:
let count = 0;
const climbingStairs = (n, memo = [{stairs: null}]) => {
if(n === memo[n]) {
count += memo[n].stairs;
}
if(n < 0) return;
if(n === 0) return memo[n].stairs = count++;
memo[n] = climbingStairs(n - 1, memo) + climbingStairs(n - 2, memo);
return memo[n];
}
climbingStairs(20); //running fine on time
climbingStairs(40); //hangs as the code isn't optimized
console.log(count); //the output for the given number
The code optimization using the memoization object is not working. I have tried multiple ways but still, facing issues. Any help would be appreciated in optimizing the code. Thanks!