Being a beginner for JFROG Artifactory, I have clarification on a specific use case. Checking if I can get any solutions or directions before hitting the vendor support.
I am using the Artifactory pro v.7.31.10. Is it possible to generate the API Key or Access token by a non-admin individual using JFROG APIs for a service account instead of a human ID at Artifactory?
How can I generate an API key or an access token using Postman? Do I need to pass any parameters (such as for which user) other than having basic authentication at Postman? I couldn't find from the samples in the knowledge documentation.
For the Artifactory HA application which has SAML authentication enabled, I want to restrict users to download artifacts via their scripts using their service account (generic ids), which should be a local account at Artifactory. I am checking for the possibility of obtaining the API key or Access token as an individual developer for their service account at runtime rather than the admin generate a key or token for them.
I have seen samples for admin creates the access token which can be used as a bearer token in curl. Is it possible to achieve the same by a non-admin? Trying to remove the dependency over here.
Appreciate your help!!