Presto on (Py)Spark - setup

Viewed 237

Through my job as a data engineer most of my data logic is through:

  1. presto queries (small - medium data sets and calculation, easiest for working with analysts)

  2. Spark (the big guns, when the calculations are pretty heavy), mostly in python environment.

Although there are several scenarios I prefer to work smarter with presto (data sketch functions) then utilize spark.

The scenario I'm looking for is to integrate presto framework with pyspark. and Im failing to setup it correctly in the session level. tried to convert the spark-submit example in presto docs to a pyspark session builder without any luck.

/spark/bin/spark-submit
--master spark://spark-master:7077
--executor-cores 4
--conf spark.task.cpus=4
--class com.facebook.presto.spark.launcher.PrestoSparkLauncher
presto-spark-launcher-0.271.jar
--package presto-spark-package-0.271.tar.gz
--config /presto/etc/config.properties
--catalogs /presto/etc/catalogs
--catalog hive
--schema default
--file query.sql

loaded the jsons successfully: config snap

but when trying to run spark.sql with presto syntax I still fail. What am I missing?

I was following this documentation: https://prestodb.io/docs/current/installation/spark.html

This official GIT: https://github.com/prestodb/presto/issues/13856

And tried to get more data across the web (there isn't much) https://medium.com/@ravishankar.nair/the-ultimate-duo-in-distributed-computing-prestodb-running-on-spark-b63d0e567eeb

0 Answers
Related