Unable to resolve host: No address associated with hostname

Viewed 3439

In my Android application I use my Rest API, delivered via the cloudflare network (with active proxy). Very often the first connection to the okhttp API receives the following error:

Non-fatal Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException
Unable to resolve host "mydomain.com": No address associated with hostname

After the user retries one or more times, subsequent connections are successful. If there is some downtime with API requests, the error is likely to occur again.

I cannot understand what causes this problem. If it can depend on cloudflare or if there is a way to solve on the okhttp side.

do you have any ideas?

2 Answers

Or you have no internet on the device

or you forgot to add

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />

permission in manifest.xml

@see this thread

I have also the same issue but after restarting android studio it solved my problem.

Related