cann't push into the master branch on Git visual studio

Viewed 71

I have clone a gitlab project which I have developer permission on it. when I clone it , I can not push it back. it gives me this error message:

enter image description here

the repository is updated ( I pull first or even right away after clonning) then by making a very simple edit , commit it and I try to push it , but the above message appears, what should I do for that? where is the problem?

1 Answers

There could be many reasons (more detail is required) possible solutions(by given data in question) 1: sometimes developers do not have permission to push in master branch then you have to make a new branch using git checkout -b "Branch Name" then push it to repo 2: add ssh identity again using ssh-add then try

Related