Gaps and dislocations when connecting sprites

Viewed 67

I'm trying to connect a few sprites together like this:
enter image description here
enter image description here

but everytime I zoom out, I get gaps & dislocations
I've even tried turning off filter according to this article but I'm still getting the same problem.

Maybe I can fill the gaps with a little bit of padding and offset but the dislocations are the main concern
how do I fix this? and make it seem & move like it's a single image?

2 Answers

A couple things to check come to mind:

  • Make sure the positions, rotation and scales are rounded and correct. You don't want an offset of a fraction of a pixel that would become whole pixels once zoom is applied.
  • Pixel snapping can make it so the texture sometimes rounds up to the next pixel and sometimes down to the prior pixel. So try changing GPU Pixel Snapping: In Project Settings -> General -> Rendering -> 2d

Addendum: I want to mention that vertical tearing may look like that too. So double check vsync is enabled in Project Settings -> General -> Display -> Window -> Use Vsync.


And I'll give you an alternative: You can get a similar effect sin a Line2D, give it the texture you want, and set the texture mode (if you set it to tile make sure the texture was imported with repeat enabled). You can manipulate the points property to change the shape of the Line2D from code.

Your scene tree might be causing this problem. Your positions are all children of the one before. Make pos1, pos2 and pos3 siblings

Related