Is it possible to make a dynamic Breakdown Dimension with mixed Data Type?
This is the data source sample
Basically I want the user with view only permission to dynamically change Breakdown Dimension for Q1-Qn chart's with C1-Cn Breakdown Dimension
I tried with the following step:
- Create Parameter
breakdown by parameter - Create a Custom Field with this formula:
CASE breakdown by parameter
WHEN "C1" THEN C1
WHEN "C2" THEN C2
WHEN "C3" THEN C3
WHEN "C4" THEN C4
WHEN "C5" THEN C5
END
- Add Control for the parameter
- Use the custom field in Chart's Breakdown Dimension
But it says Invalid formula - THEN/ELSE arguments have incompatible types: TEXT/ NUMBER. All THEN/ELSE arguments must return the same type.. Is there a workaround for that ? it's working fine if the breakdown dimension is text only or number only.
I also use a control to filter the data, so I want to use control to filter C1-Cn columns and to set breakdown dimension to C1-Cn columns
