Declaring dependencies in settings.graddle and build.graddle between Android and Java project

Viewed 118

I'm trying to declare a dependency between 2 subprojects. My Android java project named 'myapp' is intended to be dependent on my Java project named 'PC'. I followed the instrunctions from the official gradle site by adding implementation project(':PC') in build.gradle, under dependencies{}. In settings.gradle I added include ':'PC'. After doing both I got error

> Could not resolve all task dependencies for configuration ':app:debugRuntimeClasspath'.
   > Could not resolve project :PC.
     Required by:
         project :app
      > No matching configuration of project :PC was found. The consumer was configured to find a runtime of a component, preferably optimized for Android, as well as attribute 'com.android.build.api.attributes.BuildTypeAttr' with value 'debug' but:
          - None of the consumable configurations have attributes.

also tried adding

project(':PC').projectDir = new File(settingsDir, '..\\user\\PC')

to settings.graddle, but that didn't work either, received a syntax error message:

Illegal char <:> at index 43:
1 Answers
Related