Has anyone seen anything on Windows Server 2019 that would prevent browsing the network in a Active Directory domain environment to find available OPC servers on remote hosts when all other OPC communications seem to be functioning normally and file share browsing seems to also be functioning?
There is something I'm missing here, but I cannot find it. Since the core OPC functions are working, tools like OPC Expert are not showing any errors and guides for DCOM settings from OSIsoft, KEPware, and OSI Institute are all being used to no avail. None of the DCOM settings seem to be addressing the CLSID network browsing. If a client has the ability to supply a remote host and query that host, the OPC services enumeration works just fine. The problem is that we are attempting to use clients that do not have any features to manually define the servers and solely relies on the network browsing functions.
Please tell me someone else has seen this behavior. I suspect that it is some network security feature of Windows Server 2019, but I can't find any documentation that points to what might be causing this function to fail. Worse, the function is completing normally, but with zero results, so I don't even have error messages to track the issue down with.