I am learning about Service workers, as I have a usecase to create a fetch listener, that will pass back an arbitrary binary response.
I have no idea where to start. The examples I have seen online talk about making a server request, caching in the service worker, and passing it back. What I really want to do is just pass back my own response, not make a query to the server and cache it!
What I am looking for, as a start is, say something that will once the service worker is active, given the user enters in the browser, (or uses fetch api to get the following url)
http://myapp/helloworld
will show 'Helloworld' in the browser. The service worker will be something like the following. But I have not a clue how make it work.
self.addEventListener('fetch', event => {
// compare end of url with /helloworld
// if match, respond with 'helloword', otherwise fetch the response from the server
});