I have a list of data frames that are imported from excel files. Each file is imported and named after the batch they represent.
Below is an example:
library(tidyverse)
batch_1 <- data.frame(A = 1:3,
B = 4:6)
batch_2 <- data.frame(A = 1:3,
B = 4:6)
batch_3 <- data.frame(A = 1:3,
B = 4:6)
my_list <- list(batch_1, batch_2, batch_3)
I now want to create a new column in each of the data frames that is the name of each data frame.
So it will for each data frame look something like:
A B batch
1 1 4 batch_1
2 2 5 batch_1
3 3 6 batch_1
which I will then combine to one data frame in order to plot.
I can do it manually by mutate(batch = deparse(substitute(batch_1))) but I'm struggeling with "purrr-ifying" this.
map(my_list, ~mutate(batch = deparse(substitute(.x))))
gives an error: Error in UseMethod("mutate") : no applicable method for 'mutate' applied to an object of class "character"
It does not have to be purrr specific, any method is welcomed.
EDIT: @user63230 solution works. But, as is typical, you find a solution when you already have one!
An alternative solution for this case is found in the later combination of data frames into one.
bind_rows(my_list, .id = "batch") will added, an id column with the name of the data frame.