I'm creating a var where I want to assign it to a var that I get from another entity
function SubmitAction(executionContext) {
var lookupItem = formContext.getAttribute("alfa_member").getValue()[0].id;
var theTotalMembersTravling = formContext.getAttribute("alfa_numberofdependent").getValue();
var remainFlightCredit;
debugger;
Xrm.WebApi.online.retrieveRecord("contact",lookupItem, "?$select=new_remainstravelcredit").then(
function employessPackage(result) {
var new_remainstravelcredit = result["new_remainstravelcredit"];
if(new_remainstravelcredit !== null){
if(new_remainstravelcredit > 0)
{
remainFlightCredit = new_remainstravelcredit;
console.log(remainFlightCredit+" This not inside any if condition");
var newRemain = (parseInt(remainFlightCredit)) - (parseInt(theTotalMembersTravling));
console.log(newRemain+ " This in the remain if condition");
var entity = {};
entity.new_remainstravelcredit = newRemain.toString();
Xrm.WebApi.online.updateRecord("contact",lookupItem, entity).then(
function success(result) {
var updatedEntityId = result.id;
},
function(error) {
Xrm.Utility.alertDialog(error.message);
}
);
} if(new_remainstravelcredit <= 0)
{
Xrm.Utility.alertDialog("You have exceeds the travel credit");
console.log(remainFlightCredit);
}
}
},
function(error) {
Xrm.Utility.alertDialog(error.message);
}
);
console.log(remainFlightCredit);
}
So as result in this line
remainFlightCredit = new_remainstravelcredit;
console.log(remainFlightCredit+" This not inside any if condition");
Which inside the webapi call I'm able to get the value but outside in the main function at the end when I write
console.log(remainFlightCredit);
I'm unable to get the value remainFlightCredit, do you have any suggestions to solve this issue?