import OpenVPN config file to WireGuard

Viewed 593

I have a bunch of OpenVpn (.ovpn) files what i downloaded from my private vpn account. I wanted to use WireGuard client but it only accept zip and .conf files, is there a tool to convert it? Or can i extract data from the .ovpn file to add a config to Wireguard? I saw, the two file formating completely different.

1 Answers
  1. Install WireGuard:
sudo apt install wireguard
  1. Download your .conf file and move it to the /etc/wireguard/ directory.

  2. Bring your WireGuard interface up with the following command:

sudo wg-quick up wg0

The above assumes your .conf file was named wg0.conf. If it had been named something else, you would replace wg0 with whatever the name was of your .conf file. For example, I have an WG tunnel with a Pi-Hole DNS server named pihole.conf. In that case, the way to bring this interface up would be with:

sudo wg-quick up pihole
  1. Check the status of your WG connection:
sudo wg
  1. When you're done with your WG interface, you can take it down:
sudo wg-quick down wg0
Related