Problem description
- I have a working django application using Celery along with Mongo and RMQ (3.7.17-management-alpine)
- The application runs on kubernetes cluster The application works fine in general
- But when I upgrade Celery (3.1.25) and Kombu (3.0.37) to Celery (4.1.0) and Kombu (4.1.0), I face following issue:
- Celery worker pods come up but do not receive the tasks
- I have verified that RMQ receives the messages needed to run tasks in celery workers
- There is no error in RMQ or celery worker pod
- In fact, celery pod mentions that it is connected to RMQ
- Strangely, when I restart the RMQ pod after Celery worker pod comes up things become fine
- I am able to run the new tasks in celery workers after I restart RMQ pod
So I guess something happened wrt Celery/Kombu/RMQ after upgrade to 4.1.0 The code works fine with older version of Celery and Kombu.
Can someone please help me wrt this?