I am interacting raster and vector data in R. It seems that both my datasets (raster and vector) are in the same projection, but I wonder if there is a systematic way of checking for this without necessarily relying on looking at the code.
For the raster data (called PRODES) I do:
library(terra)
crs(PRODES)
[1] "GEOGCRS[\"SIRGAS 2000\",\n DATUM[\"Sistema de Referencia Geocentrico para las AmericaS 2000\",\n ELLIPSOID[\"GRS 1980\",6378137,298.257222101004,\n LENGTHUNIT[\"metre\",1]]],\n PRIMEM[\"Greenwich\",0,\n ANGLEUNIT[\"degree\",0.0174532925199433]],\n CS[ellipsoidal,2],\n AXIS[\"geodetic latitude (Lat)\",north,\n ORDER[1],\n ANGLEUNIT[\"degree\",0.0174532925199433]],\n AXIS[\"geodetic longitude (Lon)\",east,\n ORDER[2],\n ANGLEUNIT[\"degree\",0.0174532925199433]],\n ID[\"EPSG\",4674]]"
For the vector data (called bioma) I do:
st_crs(bioma)
Coordinate Reference System:
User input: SIRGAS 2000
wkt:
BOUNDCRS[
SOURCECRS[
GEOGCRS["SIRGAS 2000",
DATUM["Sistema de Referencia Geocentrico para las AmericaS 2000",
ELLIPSOID["GRS 1980",6378137,298.257222101,
LENGTHUNIT["metre",1]]],
PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],
CS[ellipsoidal,2],
AXIS["geodetic latitude (Lat)",north,
ORDER[1],
ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],
AXIS["geodetic longitude (Lon)",east,
ORDER[2],
ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],
USAGE[
SCOPE["Horizontal component of 3D system."],
AREA["Latin America - Central America and South America - onshore and offshore. Brazil - onshore and offshore."],
BBOX[-59.87,-122.19,32.72,-25.28]],
ID["EPSG",4674]]],
TARGETCRS[
GEOGCRS["WGS 84",
DATUM["World Geodetic System 1984",
ELLIPSOID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,
LENGTHUNIT["metre",1]]],
PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],
CS[ellipsoidal,2],
AXIS["latitude",north,
ORDER[1],
ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],
AXIS["longitude",east,
ORDER[2],
ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],
ID["EPSG",4326]]],
ABRIDGEDTRANSFORMATION["SIRGAS 2000 to WGS 84 (1)",
VERSION["OGP-C&S America"],
METHOD["Geocentric translations (geog2D domain)",
ID["EPSG",9603]],
PARAMETER["X-axis translation",0,
ID["EPSG",8605]],
PARAMETER["Y-axis translation",0,
ID["EPSG",8606]],
PARAMETER["Z-axis translation",0,
ID["EPSG",8607]],
USAGE[
SCOPE["Transformation of coordinates at 1m level of accuracy."],
AREA["Latin America - Central America and South America - onshore and offshore. Brazil - onshore and offshore."],
BBOX[-59.87,-122.19,32.72,-25.28]],
ID["EPSG",15894]]]
They both seem to be using the same coordinate system SIRGAS 2000, but do you know a way to perform a test of the compatibility of the two datasets?
Thank you very much.