Following the tutorial on adding localization to Blazor WebAssembly, I successfully have a demo app that will show me either English or Spanish.
For the sake of simplicity, I've implemented just the parts in Statically set the culture and Localization -- i.e. I'm directly setting the target culture in Program.cs using code such as this:
var culture = new CultureInfo("es-ES");
CultureInfo.DefaultThreadCurrentCulture = culture;
CultureInfo.DefaultThreadCurrentUICulture = culture;
As noted above, this works fine. But I would also like to add support for pseudo-translation.
I already have a tool that generates *.qps-ploc.resx files from *.resx files automatically. I have confirmed that this is generating the satellite resource assembly file in qps-ploc\MyApp.resources.dll, and it contains the correct resources.
The qps-ploc resources are also copied to the publish/wwwroot/_framework/qps-ploc folder as expected on using dotnet publish. And they are listed under satelliteResources in the blazor.boot.json.
However, when specifying the following, it loads the default resources instead of the pseudo resources:
var culture = new CultureInfo("qps-ploc");
Why, and how do I fix this?